IT Systems Engineer / DevOps
San Jose , CA
Title: IT Systems Engineer / DevOps
Location: San Jose, CA
Type: Permanent (possible Contract-to-hire if desired)
NOTE: No visa sponsorship for this opportunity
Our client is a leading provider of smart connectivity solutions for the transportation industry. They are seeking an experienced IT Systems Engineer to join their growing team.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Verify product and service availability and scalability through developing continuous delivery build/test frameworks, deployment, configuration and monitoring tools.
- Develop tools and automation to minimize delivery time and increase developer and QA productivity.
- Work with management and other leads to develop and implement processes and infrastructure that will ensure quality and efficient delivery of new releases.
- Collect infrastructure and application metrics to solve problems faster and improve engineering performance.
- Write or assist in the development of test related documentation to include test strategies, test plans, test cases, test scripts and reports.
- Participate in monitoring and reporting on quality (defect, issue, risk)
- Review project documentation as a basis for testing documentation and product understanding
- Participate in incident management, root cause analysis, and high-risk reviews
- Work with parties in multiple geo locations in real time which will require occasional off-hour communication and sync up
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with system automation tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience with monitoring and pipeline analysis tools (Nagios, Graphite, etc.)
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure (AWS, OpenStack, VMware, etc.)
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL systems. (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, etc.
- Strong knowledge of testing on diverse hardware, client/server, and/or Web-based applications
- Preferred background in Python, Java, Shell scripting, and SQL
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
- Experience in a global environment working with offshore teams
- Adaptable to new processes, methods, and tools
- Must be able to speak fluently in Mandarin
- You are passionate and have years of success in supporting and validating IoT and Cloud technologies
- You have strong knowledge of Linux and one or more scripting language (Python, Perl or Ruby)
- You strive to use up-to-date tools and techniques that will improve quality and operational efficiency
- You are a good communicator, and you work well with others