Senior Technical Project Manager
Title: Senior Technical Project Manager
Duration: 6 Months
Location: Austin, TX or Des Moines, IA
NOTE - Candidate need to work on our W-2 (No 1099 / C2C)
- Projects will be focused on the efficient & timely onboarding & conversion of new client business, as well as, leading others through the definition & delivery of cutting edge solutions.
- Oversee the initiation of these projects, the planning that will drive all internal & external resources & the execution of the deliverables.
- Monitoring & controlling the scope, timelines, costs, & quality of the work produced.
- Ensure the successful execution of both the development of new solutions as well as the transformation of existing infrastructure.
- Ability to learn & decide how to effectively apply Project Management & Agile best practices is critical.
- Experience w/ Atlassian's collaboration tools like Confluence & JIRA is desirable.
- Prior experience in leading multiple projects at the same time.
- Previous success has been driven by focusing on the people & moving projects forward, but at the same time having the ability to spend the right amount of time on managing tools & completing administrative work.
- Ability to see where changes would be beneficial & capable of gathering buy in & making process improvements quickly.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Able to manage, motivate, & build strong relationships w/ people at all levels through the entire project life cycle, including executives & clients.
- Ability to influence people when you have no direct authority over them.
- Experience in managing projects that have transformed the solutions, infrastructure, & culture of the entire enterprise.
- Develops & manages multiple detailed projects simultaneously or a large complex project & identifies key milestones & deliverables to ensure successfully executed w/in the defined schedule & budget objectives.
- Defines & documents the scope & objectives of the project to assure user satisfaction, acceptance & ownership of the project.
- Identify the project deliverables & objectives defining successful completion of the project. Conducts comprehensive status reviews of complex projects to ensure adherence to design & quality objectives.
- Monitors results against schedule & budget objectives. Recommends & leads corrective action activities as appropriate.
- Identifies & communicates the overall status, issues & risks of the project to the project team, sponsors, affected groups & Company management team as appropriate.
- Executes a formal change control process for all assigned projects.
- Able to identify & manage the critical path for project completion. Establish, monitor, report & recommend appropriate actions for project budgets related to personnel, financial & other company resources to ensure they are effectively utilized to achieve goals of the project.
- Publishes & distributes the appropriate project documents & deliverables to project team members on a timely basis.
- Exercises effective risk mitigation practices & strategies by involving & leading the appropriate project team stakeholders.
- Schedules, leads & documents project team meetings on a regular basis to facilitate effective team communications.
- Provides training & guidance to Technical Project manager on essential functions & procedures.
- Submits status reports to Manager & others as requested/required.
- Works to assure user satisfaction, acceptance & ownership of project.
- Leads in the development of policies & procedures applicable to the practice of project management w/in the organization.
- Interacts in a cooperative & professional manner w/ employees, clients &/or vendors in team-oriented environment.
- Manage 3rd party vender activities to ensure they meet project requirements.
- Associates or Bachelor's in Business, Finance, MIS, Computer Science or other business related 4-year degree, or equivalent work experience.
- 5 or more years of progressively complex project management/analysis experience.
- Consistent track record in the successful definition, management & execution of a variety of complex projects.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) cert. required.