Technical Product Manager
|Location:||Des Moines, Iowa|
Title: Technical Project Manager
Location: Des Moines, IA
Under general supervision manages all internal and external resources and activities required to ensure the successful execution of both technology based and non-technology based projects in support of overall company objectives.
Defines and documents project scope, objectives, deliverables, and assumptions and effectively communicates and manages the status and risk of these projects through the effective use of accepted PMI, industry, and our client's Project Management Office (PMO) business practices and standards.
- Develops and manages simple to moderately complex project plans to ensure that they are successfully executed within defined schedule and budget objectives.
- Defines and documents the scope and objectives of the project in order to assure user satisfaction, acceptance and ownership of the project. Identify the project deliverables and objectives defining successful completion of the project.
- Conducts comprehensive status reviews of projects to ensure adherence to design and quality objectives.
- Monitors results against schedule and budget objectives. Consults with project team members to identify corrective action activities.
- Identifies and communicates the overall status, issues and risks of the project to the project team, sponsors and affected groups. Executes a formal change control process for all assigned projects.
- Consults with manager and/or senior project manager to identify and manage the critical path for project completion.
- Publishes and distributes the appropriate project documents and deliverables to project team members on a timely basis.
- Consults with project team to identify potential risks and executes risk management practices accordingly.
- Schedules, leads and documents project team meetings on a regular basis to facilitate effective team communications.
- Submits status reports to Manager and others as requested/required.
- Works to assure user satisfaction, acceptance and ownership of project. Assists in the development of policies and procedures applicable to the practice of project management within the organization.
- Continually learns and applies new information in fast-paced, dynamic technical environment.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Travels occasionally as needed.
- Works on-call or extended hours when required or requested. Performs additional duties as required or requested.
Education and/or Certification, Skills and Licensing:
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, MIS, Computer Science or other business related four-year degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Two or more years of moderately complex project management/analysis experience.
- Experience in successful definition, management and execution of a variety of projects.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Associate of Project Management (CAPM) certification preferred.
- Proven ability to persuade and motivate others to accomplish project objectives.
- Ability to work cooperatively and professionally with a variety of individuals.
- If required to travel, has access to transportation requiring a valid driver's license, proof of safe driving record and active insurance.