Technical Support Phone Administrator
Title: Technical Support Phone Administrator
Duration: Long Term Contract
Location: Vancouver, WA
Technical Support Phone Administrators are responsible for initial response to all customers inquires via inbound telephone calls.
In addition, they manage the case submission/coding, priority assignment, and/or provide Knowledgebase Articles.
Technical Support Phone Administrators should be able to gather initial technical issue data as well as accurately prioritize and document incoming calls into the case management tool.
Inbound Calls that fit in the critical severity 1 category should be quickly transitioned to an available Tier 1 Support Engineer.
This position will also need to be able to respond to escalated customer complaints and transfer to the Technical Support Management when appropriate.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Respond and engage on all incoming customer inquiries with a sense of urgency. Create, code, and prioritize cases according to our severity descriptions while setting expectations for initial response goals. Quickly transition Critical/Severity 1 customer calls to Tier 1 Engineers.
- Document all technical inquiries and customer-reported problems in the case management tool, including the nature of the inquiry, issue descriptions or errors, and any data that is required for research of resolves by the Tier 1 Engineers.
- Provide instructions for customers on how to find/track/edit open cases, documentation, product downloads, forum postings, or knowledge base articles on our customer portal site.
- Search/provide knowledge base articles for common low-level requests or data gathering requirements from customers via the case management tool.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures regarding customer handling processes, service entitlement verification, customer registration, and problem escalation.
- Generate cases with accurate and complete field information.
- Handle escalated customer phone complaints following documented guidelines with the ability to show empathy.
- Communicate with the team about incoming call requests via chat, email, or in person that need immediate assistance with a warm transfer hand off and case info.
- Identify potential scams or phishing call attempts and handle accordingly to departmental processes and procedures.
- Transfer calls back into the phone queue per customer requests to continue holding.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Excellent phone skills a must. Intermediate skills in Outlook, Chat, Shortel, Salesforce, or other CRM experience.
- Previous Receptionist and Administrative experience in a professional environment.
- Experience in Technology/ Software industry preferred.
- Basic technical skills and understanding of technical terminology.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Knowledge and exemplary customer service skills and practices.
- 0 2 years of Administrative/Receptionist experience.
- 0 2 years of entry level Technical Support experience.
- High School diploma preferred or combination of education and experience.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary